Chinatown Stories

It's so fun to hang out with tamy! There's just never a moment of silence when we're together..love that! Welcome to Club 21 YY! :)Anyway..I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT WORK! It's incredible..there's something REALLY exciting coming up. I. Can't. Hardly. Wait.
Chinatown is inspiring. Had to run an errand a couple of days back and decided then to explore the area. Walked through shophouses, temples, 5 foot pathways. The light whiff of incense, shopkeepers' bantering in dialects, fanning themselves, school children having an excursion, caucasian tourists bargaining for batik. It's all so ghetto I felt like I was in a foreign land. And just today, I saw a chinese wayang puppet show! It's just a small stage with a lady maneuvering the puppets and an old man crouched in the backstage singing and playing the erhu. So surreal and amazing, like chinese literature coming alive. If you look up from the heart of Chinatown, you'll see skyscrapers - Singapore's CBD area. The juxtaposition makes for a good photograph. As I walked past a well groomed caucasian in a suit, he was pointing to the skyscrapers and telling the woman next to him "mom, that's where I work". You should've seen my face..so heartwarming! I shall take a look at the boutiques down Ann Siang road next week.
Stay tuned for more Chinatown stories!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home