Tuesday, December 19

What inspires me

Just a little preview(cos abi can never keep exciting news to herself for long) :

ART JAM JANUARY 2007
Email interview with Tim Jeeves

Art Jam:
How has cancer changed your outlook as an artist?

Tim Jeeves:

Cancer has changed my outlook as a person in incalculable ways. I was 18 when I was diagnosed. I was two months out of high school. It was a ritual that marked the passing of my childhood. I realised a long time ago that to try to pinpoint its effects is an exercise in futility. It’s like trying to imagine how my life would be if I had gone to a different school when I was 12, if the older sister I could have had if she hadn’t died in a miscarriage had survived, if my mum had come out as a lesbian soon after I was born. I think the only thing that can be said with any certainty is that I wouldn’t have created ‘Should i be in my bodi?’ or ‘The Last Days of Mourning’.

The rest of his replies were utterly touching. He was so honest with us and I feel so much for him. "Should i be in my bodi" is a live art exhibition of his naked body, scarred with the aftermath of cancer treatment. It's in line with the Singapore Fringe Festival which attempts to explore the arts and disability. The rest of the interview will be published in Art Jam January 2007. Stay tuned!

Find out more about Tim Jeeves!: http://disabilityarts.com/depth/tim-jeeves/
Find out more about the Singapore Fringe Festival 2007!: www.singaporefringe.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home