A hawker here has 7 kids. He does not have much money to send his children to school, only one did. That child worked hard and earned himself a PSC scholarship to Australia to study Medicine. His parents were so proud of him. When he came back, he had to serve his bond and just after one year of work, he ran away, just simply disappeared. Siblings said that during that one year, he complained alot about how he hated the bond because he felt restricted. His mother went crying to the board because it is near impossible for her to bear the consequence of a broken bond. I know this bond issue is passe but still, why do you have to put your parents through this?
On a lighter note, I got elected. I sincerely thank you, my dear friends for voting :)
Due to her fractured foot, I represented my mum and went with my dad to a Pastor's appreciation dinner tonight. We gathered with members of Gideons Intl from M'sia and Sg. Well a little about the Gideons, they try to distribute the bible to as many places as possible. Eg if you've stayed in any hotel, pulled out the drawer on the dressing table and had found a bible, it was most probably placed there by the Gideons from that particular country.
I'm proud of my dad for doing something so meaningful but on the other hand in sg where bibles are in abundance, these little acts seem so insignificant. When I was still in nanyang, my dad led a team there to distribute bibles early in the morning, but when recess came around, I saw paper planes instead. I felt so sad then.
Ok back, there were hardly anyone close to my age at the dinner. So I chatted with this retiree who regaled me with the above story. He had encountered many tragic incidents and though he felt for them he, or the other board members, could not do anything. Oh well, I guess I can understand where he's coming from.
Something frivolous, I also met this triple E lecturer and he looks totally like a triple E lect. hehe. He told me that NTU is going to be split into 4 colleges. The college of business, college of humanities, college of engineering, college of sciences. Hmmm, my friends from ntu, do you know abt this? I personally don't quite understand what all these are for and what they mean.
Nighty!
On a lighter note, I got elected. I sincerely thank you, my dear friends for voting :)
Due to her fractured foot, I represented my mum and went with my dad to a Pastor's appreciation dinner tonight. We gathered with members of Gideons Intl from M'sia and Sg. Well a little about the Gideons, they try to distribute the bible to as many places as possible. Eg if you've stayed in any hotel, pulled out the drawer on the dressing table and had found a bible, it was most probably placed there by the Gideons from that particular country.
I'm proud of my dad for doing something so meaningful but on the other hand in sg where bibles are in abundance, these little acts seem so insignificant. When I was still in nanyang, my dad led a team there to distribute bibles early in the morning, but when recess came around, I saw paper planes instead. I felt so sad then.
Ok back, there were hardly anyone close to my age at the dinner. So I chatted with this retiree who regaled me with the above story. He had encountered many tragic incidents and though he felt for them he, or the other board members, could not do anything. Oh well, I guess I can understand where he's coming from.
Something frivolous, I also met this triple E lecturer and he looks totally like a triple E lect. hehe. He told me that NTU is going to be split into 4 colleges. The college of business, college of humanities, college of engineering, college of sciences. Hmmm, my friends from ntu, do you know abt this? I personally don't quite understand what all these are for and what they mean.
Nighty!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home